Burma Border Projects (BBP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the mental health, education, and psychosocial well-being of the displaced people from Burma.
Our programs are focused on building the capacity of indigenous human service professionals, so they in turn, can enhance the social-functioning of the refugee and migrant population. In collaboration with other NGOs and CBOs we provide the following:
- Capacity building of human service providers for case management of child physical and sexual abuse, and neglect.
- Ongoing child protection case management to children and their families.
- Trainings to medics, teachers, community and religious leaders on how to provide counseling services, conduct mental health assessments, and manage crises.
- English language learning programs for children and youth at boarding houses and migrant schools at basic and vocational levels.
- Ongoing development of educational programs for migrant youth to enhance employment opportunities.
- Trainings on specific topics as requested by NGOs and CBOs.